Operator - SMT
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
- Set-up and operate SMT assembly lines (to include solder paste, SMT placement, reflow and inspection).
- Pick and kit materials to SMT machine feeders (Siemens pick and place machines), de-kitting at end builds.
- Monitor machine spit-out and report variances (engage Enginering as required).
- On line component identification / verification when reels are changed over.
- Physical count and reconciliation of materials in support of stock checks and kitting activity.
- Support first-of build / inspection at the start-up of each new build.
- Ensure SAP build, inspection and routing records and activities are accurate / maintained and up to date.
- Ensure efficient and controlled transition of Quality assured products to hand assembly.
- Maintain compliance with PCBA / product build and test processes (incl. IPC-A-610 Class 3; J-STD-001 and all relevant site Certifications).
- Good, all-round education.
- Experience of kitting to Surface Mount 'pick and place' machines, preferably Siemens.
- Numerate and able to read technical drawings / work instructions / process instructions & routings.
- Competent in use of MRP and ERP systems (including use of SAP).
- Clear understanding of modern electronic circuit card and system assembly techniques.
- Flexible and able to work to timescales within a busy manufacturing environment
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of an integrated team.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels (written & oral).
Must be able to attain UK SC level clearance
Role may be required to go to shifts (with reasonable notice) 6-2 and / or 2-10
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top