Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
This role would ideally suit a Mechanical Engineer with strong industry experience ideally in the Defence or Ruggedized product domain. The work area is designing high end thermal heat frames for ruggedized single board computers and thermal systems to be used in rugged conduction and convection cooled environments.
- Design of leading edge Mechanical components for Electronic assemblies used in the Defence arena
- Perform Thermal & Structural analysis on designs
- Generate design drawings, documentation, and reports
- Participate in design and functional specification reviews and provide feedback
- Ensure mechanical designs meet quality and design criteria
- Work closely with hardware & manufacturing engineers to ensure design is optimised
- Work in dynamic team development environment, using agile methodologies
- Perform all aspects of mechanical development life cycle - from requirements capture through to customer support
- Collaborate with the global mechanical engineer team members
- Achieve high quality deliverables by adhering to best practices and agreed procedures
- Assist Design/Production/QA where required to resolve issues
- New graduate to extensive experience.
- Candidate will have knowledge of Solidworks 3d CAD software and structural FEA.
- Candidate will be a Mechanical graduate with a minimum of 2:1 Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent and experience in Thermal & Stress analysis
- Candidate will have a broad knowledge of various methods of manufacture such as casting, machining, extruding etc.
- Six sigma/ statistical analysis/ FMEA skills are desired but not critical
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated with minimal guidance to achieve results
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Encourages feedback from mentors and learns from it
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top