Materials Manager - HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Overview: Drives the continuous improvement process for the supply chain within assigned area of responsibility. Management and coordination of assigned resources including people, space, and materials.
- Plan, direct & coordinate planning, and scheduling activities for assigned operations to achieve the business and continuous improvement goals.
- Define and communicate performance targets for supply chain team. Hold team accountable to those targets.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, and inventory control,
- BS degree in business, management or other related discipline. Masters in related field a plus.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing within a design and manufacturing environment.
- Experience in total quality, Six Sigma, or other similar environments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAP system and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top