Manufacturing Manager AUS
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Manufacturing Manager - Austin TX
The person in this role will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals and tactical direction to the production team for high performance RF signal processing circuit card assemblies and systems of aggregated CCAs. Demonstrate accountability for functional business and broad company objectives. Follow and improve processes that meet business needs across the organization, involving short and long-term planning.
- Direct leadership responsibility for all circuit card assembly and systems test, debug and manufacturing functions.
- Responsible for meeting all key manufacturing metrics, such as On Time delivery, Product Quality performance, cost management, and Environmental, Health & Safety metrics.
- Drive operational excellence including but not limited to quality, efficiencies, on time delivery and cost of poor quality
- Plan staffing needs to optimize labor efficiency.
- Define, review and support business metrics.
- Establish daily and weekly communication routines in the production area to drive awareness and ownership.
- Identify and drive productivity projects to meet operating plan, quality objectives and impact business objectives.
- Lead as a change agent combined with the ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- Planning, Scheduling, and prioritization of Sales Orders and forecasts.
- Electronics manufacturing MRP experience
- Excellent team facilitation and knowledge of problem solving techniques
- Excellent communication and energizing skills
- BS Degree with 2 to 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated computer competency
- Leads by example, teacher who is a hands-on, shop floor focused, team/consensus builder
- Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented
- Organized/strong time and project management skills
- Strong manufacturing process and technical knowledge
- SAP or Oracle experience
- AS9100 experience
- Lean manufacturing experience/ Value Stream mapping, 5S, Daily Management, Lean and/or Six Sigma trained
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top