Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Primary Purpose of this Position:
- Responsible for performance of assigned Manufacture Engineering programs & projects and the efficient / controlled manufacture and transition of quality assured, regulatory compliant product throughout the plant and into finished goods.
- Support 'in-process' CI activity across the full product development and manufacture life-cycle.
- A change agent, combined with the ability to work cross functionally and at all levels.
- Attend NPI and design reviews; provide product / manufacture development recommendations for new, existing and emerging products and technologies (ensure design for manufacture; debug; yield; test coverage; usability; etc. is considered throughout the development, NPI and sustaining process).
- Ensure NPIs are released to time and budget and all products can be manufactured in a quality assured; reliable; scalable; and repeatable manner (removing process variability and risk).
- Conduct DFMEA / PFMEA reviews with respect to new / existing products, manufacture and technology deployment.
- An interface between the Engineering and Manufacture functions to develop new, or enhance existing manufacture solutions / processes; the recipient and acceptance body in manufacturing and provide equipment user training, fit for purpose, and CI feedback to Engineering.
- Conduct manufacture readiness reviews and ECR impact analysis to support implementation of production solutions, as required to support the business technology roadmap and operations plan.
- Prepare production routings / procedures and ensure accuracy to build each product always - drive lead-time and yield improvements ongoing.
- Design, deployment and ownership of manufacture equipment/tooling, ensuring calibration and appropriate maintenance / consumable strategy planning in place to support ongoing manufacture readiness.
- Ensure compliance to leading PCBA / product build processes (incl. IPC-A-610 Class 3 and J-STD-001) and all relevant site Certification(s).
- A stakeholder of the MRB process (review and agree disposition).
- Perform analysis of manufacturing defects / process failures to determine root cause & develop corrective actions.
- Conduct internal audits; lead applicable RCCA; I-CAR & C-CAR investigations (establish direct relationship with Customer as required, support Manufacture Engineering presentations, audits, reviews etc.).
Secondary Purpose of this Position:
- Support Manufacture Engineering teaming across the business to continuously innovate and deliver customer excellence, utilisation / productivity / efficiency improvements and reduce lost cost.
- Review quality data with the manufacture teams and provide closed loop feedback to deliver sustained
- Deliver cost savings, lead-time reduction, and VA through effective Supply Chain, manufacture and test strategies.
- Support RFQ; bid; contract reviews with regards Manufacture Engineering and compliance requirements.
- Key experience in Circuit Card Assembly Manufacture - SMT Technology a must.
- Clear understanding of modern electronic circuit card assembly techniques (with high-level experience in modern manufacture processes & technologies).
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top