Junior Software Engineer-HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Junior Software Engineer
For the Junior Software Engineer, we're looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language
- Experience with source control
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills
- Ability to understand requirements and implement test code or driver code
- Exposure to object-oriented programming and design
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands
- Ability to work in a team
- Someone passionate about software development and software/hardware testing
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or college. MS Degree welcomed.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Abaco Systems will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Additional Desired Characteristics:
- Python experience
- C/C++ experience
- Knowledge of basic networking, switching, and routing concepts
- Git source control
- Driver-level development
- Knowledge of I2C, SPI, PCIe, and Bus topologies
- Understanding of interrupts and context switching
- Experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes, DMMs, and/or other test equipment
- Good testing practices
- Continuous integration/Jenkins experience
- Unit testing
- How to debug hardware and software
- VxWorks Experience
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top