Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Primary Purpose of this Position:
- Responsible for all aspects of managing the daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting cycle; statutory compliance; and related processes for all international (non-US) entities. This individual will serve as the primary contact with external auditors and is responsible for ensuring compliance with all non-US statutory audit requirements. The International Finance Controller is a key member of the global team and will lead the successful integration of newly acquired / opened international subsidiaries into our consolidated financial group. This will require the candidate to be capable of successfully operating in a rapidly evolving organization, handling multiple priorities, demonstrating creativity in development and management of policies, procedures and processes, and maintaining a broad knowledge of the financial recording and reporting requirements related to various governmental initiatives.
- Direct the department's UK and all international (non-US) GL operations, consolidations, financial statement preparation, internal controls and reviews, financial standards compliance and audits.
- Provide strong leadership of the finance and accounting staff including the training and development of the team.
- Oversee the worldwide monthly closing process and corporate consolidation.
- Assist in the implementation of SAP ERP and other systems necessary to support the consolidated operations.
- Review all international controls, propose and lead implementation of new and amended control procedures and processes when applicable.
- Coordinate and manage external statutory audits annually.
- Produce accurate and timely consolidated internal financial statements and support external financial statement reporting requirements as needed.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely matter and reconciling items are resolved.
- Oversee international customer invoicing procedures and ensure the accurate and timely recording of revenues.
- Oversee procurement, accounts payable and T&E expense processing.
- Oversee all aspects of the company's international non-US payroll functions.
- Effectively manage change within the group and/or organization resulting from change in processes, policies and/or acquisitions.
- Degree in accounting, a practicing certificate from a recognized body (ACCA, AIA, ICAEW, CPA, etc.) and relevant experience in accounting management including leading teams of accounting professionals.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles in US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience in international operations is required along with experience working with international subsidiaries, including establishing controls, and managing financial / statutory reporting.
- Big 4 Accounting firm experience and experience in the defense / technology industry is a strong plus.
- Self-motivated, autonomous, and proven "do-it yourself" attitude.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Experience with SAP suite; building SOX compliant processes; utilizing financial applications to enhance and automate processes, reporting, analysis and controls highly desired.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Abaco will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top