Intern - AP
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
The Intern-Accounts Payable is responsible to work within the framework of the finance team in the processing of all supplier invoices; ensure accuracy to purchase orders and perform other related general accounting functions as and when required.
Processing supplier invoices for payment:
- Enters invoice information into SAP Accounts Payable system to generate payment voucher;
- Conducts the 3-way or 2-way match process and identifies discrepancies;
- Validates that goods were received and that proper prices have been invoiced in accordance with the purchase order.
Essential Knowledge - Skill Requirements:
- Very good working knowledge of business financial software (i.e. SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling modules).
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel & basic knowledge of Word.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
- High level of accuracy and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Focuses efforts to ensure high quality, timely internal customer service in accordance with the established service level agreement.
- Meets work demands and expectations in an efficient and effective manner.
- Uses discretion and vigilance in applying corporate policies.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Abaco Systems
Abaco Systems is the global leader in open architecture embedded systems. The company’s 800-plus professionals offer unwavering focus on customer success through market-leading commercial and custom product creation. Abaco’s lifecycle management programs are made to increase efficiency, contributing to client savings and allowing initiatives to reach deployment stages sooner.
Back to top