Intern - AP
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
The Intern-Accounts Payable is responsible to work within the framework of the finance team in the processing of all supplier invoices; ensure accuracy to purchase orders and perform other related general accounting functions as and when required.
Processing supplier invoices for payment:
- Enters invoice information into SAP Accounts Payable system to generate payment voucher;
- Conducts the 3-way or 2-way match process and identifies discrepancies;
- Validates that goods were received and that proper prices have been invoiced in accordance with the purchase order.
Essential Knowledge - Skill Requirements:
- Very good working knowledge of business financial software (i.e. SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling modules).
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel & basic knowledge of Word.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
- High level of accuracy and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Focuses efforts to ensure high quality, timely internal customer service in accordance with the established service level agreement.
- Meets work demands and expectations in an efficient and effective manner.
- Uses discretion and vigilance in applying corporate policies.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top