Graduate Design Assurance Engineer
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
This role is intended to provide a broad experience of development, working on a selection of Military & Aerospace projects that contribute directly to the success of the business and its customers. The role will be based in our Towcester facility in Northamptonshire, UK.
Design Assurance Engineers are primarily responsible for qualification of products to provide a high level of confidence that designs are compliant, reliable and successful in deployment. Required testing typically involves EMC and harsh environmental conditions including; vibration, temperature, altitude, humidity etc. You will work with Product Managers, Hardware Engineers and Production Technicians in order to provide an exceptional product for our military and aerospace customers. You will be using our in-house facilities to perform vibration and temperature testing as well as authoring the procedures that specify how the tests are performed. The in-house equipment doesn't cover every discipline so you will occasionally travel as part of a team to attend external test facilities around the country. The design assurance department is evolving through continuous improvement activities such as LEAN, Six Sigma and 5s so you will be vital in assisting with this effort by hopefully providing fresh ideas and insight.
- Performing in-house qualification testing in vibration, shock & temperature
- Supporting off-site qualification testing in a variety of disciplines
- Producing test documentation such as procedures, reports, analyses etc.
- Providing support to sales and sustainment for queries across the product lifecycle
- Help to instill a culture of excellence at Abaco
- Participate in design and functional specification reviews and provide feedback
- Gain knowledge of project tools and processes
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm for the technology involved
- Degree educated in Electronic, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Physics or similar
- Desire to develop engineering skills in test, compliance and qualification
- Interest in applying mechanical and thermal expertise to military and aerospace products
- Good problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute effectively to team-working and group discussions
- Ability to work to timescales, achieve personal deadlines and contribute to team deadlines.
- Methodical approach, including standardization and checking of own work
- Keen attention to detail
Desirable Technical Skills
- MS office proficiency
- Database management
- SolidWorks proficiency
- Coding experience
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top