FPGA Design Engineer
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
The candidate will be part of a team integrating systems based on FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices.
- Analyzing customer requirements and devising FPGA architecture implementation.
- Designing FPGA firmware targeting Kintex-7, Virtex-7 or Xilinx Ultrascale FPGA devices or targeting Altera devices
- Creating test benches and simulating design.
- Testing design on target hardware to ensure it performs as per project requirements.
- Providing documentation that describes the FPGA implementation.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in FPGA development (VHDL preferred) on a professional level
- Experience with Signal Processing would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of ISE, Vivado or Quartus development tools.
- Experience with interfacing with high speed memories (DDR2 SDRAM, QDR2 SRAM), LVDS and/or PCIe is desired).
- Experience with hardware/software design and testing methodologies is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Self-motivated, driven, and independent personality.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top