FPGA Application Engineer
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
We are recruiting for an experienced and highly motivated Field Application Engineer to provide pre- and post-sale technical support for our customers in various countries.
• Provision of pre-sale technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with complex systems.
• Promotion of Abaco products and solutions through road shows, seminars, Trade Shows, white papers and exhibitions.
• Work through all phases of customer interaction, including customer analysis, design implementation and support.
• Assistance in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
• Technical responsibility for pre- and/ or post-sales support of company products/systems.
• Implementation of detailed customer installation plans and some product training.
• Provision of a follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
• Contributions to business intelligence.
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• Demonstrable practical experience in the Mil/Aero Embedded Systems industry
• In depth expertise in FPGA and VHDL is a pre-requisite (Xilinx FPGAs is a plus, including Vivado)
• Specific knowledge in signal processing
• Strong understanding of the sales process
• Strong Technical/Practical background desired in the Embedded systems industry , spanning open architecture computer platforms, including but not limited to VME, VPX, CPCI, PCIe, Networking, Graphics, PowerPC and Intel architectures
• Specific knowledge of VxWorks, Linux and other leading Real Time operating system Software
• Experience in Systems Engineering/Hardware & Software Integration
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to see "The big picture"
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player, self-starter, highly motivated individual, able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Back to top