Firmware Developer HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
- Design, develop, and support silicon related UEFI software for next generation processor boards.
- Develop UEFI drivers to support platform BIOS for x86 products. Integrate silicon reference code.
- Work with microcontrollers and SOCs.
- Work with teams on hardware and software issues from board bring-up through product sustaining.
- Work closely with the silicon and software vendors for problem analysis and resolution. Create original code to support easy customizations and value-add features.
• BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent. 2+ experience
• Proficient in C.
- Must have working knowledge of software and hardware architecture.
• US Citizen
• Working knowledge of PCI/PCIe, USB, SATA, RS-232, I2C, SPI, EEPROM, SRAM, flash memory, etc.
• Low-level hardware experience for board bring-up and debug.
• Ability to work in teams and achieve targets.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top