Export Control Shipping Clerk HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
EXPORT CONTROL SHIPPING CLERK
Job Function: Prepare documents for international shipments and ensure compliance with U.S. and international trade regulations. Maintain and receive, Finished Goods stock, pull, and issue inventory for shipments as required. Primary responsibility is to ensure export compliance as well as maintaining shipment and inventory record accuracy.
- Maintain and monitor SAP Shipment Picking and Posting accuracy for all Abaco Shipments. Perform required SAP transactions.
- Create and process export documentation with a very high attention to detail
- Responsible for filing, auditing and amending ACE submissions
- Follow standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with US Government regulations under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), Customs Border and Protection (CBP), and associated foreign government agencies.
- Communicate with freight forwarders and carriers to obtain the most current shipment and export information for auditing and recordkeeping purposes
- Track and trace international shipments
- Ensure all international trade compliance records are maintained
- Familiarity with USML and ECCN classifications, HTS codes,and Schedule B classifications
- Pack and prepare product for shipment and work in Finished Goods Stockroom as required
- Other duties as required
- Follow ESD guidelines when handling material
- Follow EHS guidelines: Wear safety glasses with side shields, Follow proper lifting techniques, use PPE as required when performing assigned tasks for job function area
Periodic duties include:
- Over time may be required
- Repetitive motion
- HS Diploma/GED
- Minimum 5 years of experience with compiling International Shipping documents
- Minimum 2 years prior computer experience or training with Windows based applications
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, stretch, and reach with hands
- Ability to perform fine motor-skills in the placement & handling of small components
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 lbs.
- Experience using SAP, Excel. Word and PDF documents.
- Experience handling electronic components and assemblies
- Experience and knowledge of ITAR, EAR, FTR, CBP, ACE, NAFTA and FTAs
- Quality conscious and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures
- Demonstrated initiative in solving problems
- Experience interfacing with all levels of management and third parties in a professional manner
- Be able to work without close Supervision
- Able to work with a cross functional team, have a willingness to learn in a changing environment
- Work well in a fast-paced group environment, and the ability to multi-task
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top