Embedded Software Engineer
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
As Embedded Software Engineer you will be part of a team designing APIs and applications to test and support I/O level products using FPGA technology. You will be testing and debugging your designs with the help of electronics in the lab using tools like logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers and Oscilloscopes. While working as part of the software design team you will be working closely with the hardware design team and technical management to drive concepts to product realization.
- Translate requirements into specifications
- Translate specifications into software designs
- Test and debug software designs to make sure they meet the requirements
- Create documentation that describes the software implementation
- Maintain control over you own schedule
- Maintain, revise, or redesign existing designs
- Understand, adapt and utilize new technologies
- Interact closely with the hardware design engineers
- Contribute to software release and quality assurance activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary
- Self-motivated, driven, and independent personality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
Must have 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Programming software for embedded hardware/systems
- Developing and maintaining applications for Linux, Windows and vxWorks
- C, C++ in real-time embedded development environments
- Experience developing and maintain graphical user interfaces, GUI for Windows and Linux
- Experience developing and maintaining software for operating systems such as Embedded Linux, Greenhills Integrity and LynxOS
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top