Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
The candidate will work with a team to review requirements, design, develop, and validate rugged embedded systems that may consist of Single Board Computers (SBC), Ethernet Switches, Sensor Processing cards and custom power and thermal solutions. Duties may include research, evaluation, design, simulation, analysis, validation and test. The position requires someone who can conceptualize and think at a system level perspective as well as at a board level.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required.
- US Citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college or university; or 10 years equivalent experience.
- Support and guide interfacing disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, software, test, manufacturing, product management and project management.
- Strong coordination, organization, team work and communication abilities.
- Excel in systems integration and test.
- Technical lead on project, coordination with Program/Project managers and customers.
- Review requirements, determine feasibility and identify solutions.
- Understand, recommend, and review digital circuit designs, schematics and PCB layout.
- Responsible for technical solution and owning the product from requirements definition through production release.
- Possess strong troubleshooting/debug skills to be able to mitigate issues during validation testing, driving quick resolution.
- Perform engineering debug tasks with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter, etc.).
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 6 years in direct product development in software engineering, electronic engineering, or systems engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, skill and desire to interact directly with customers and/or product owners / project managers.
- Prior experience using Mentor Graphics Schematic Capture and Layout tools.
- Experience with low-level software development interaction (C/C++ preferred).
- Ability to work in cross-matrixed organization.
- Lightening protection design / verification experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with,
- MIL-STD-704, Aircraft Electric Power Characteristics
- MIL-STD-461, Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystem and Equipment.
- MIL-STD-810 Environmental Engineering Considerations and laboratory Tests
- RTCA/DO-160, Environmental conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- RTCA/DO-178, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification for high-level requirements, low-level requirements, and derived requirements.
- RTCA/DO-254, Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware and providing guidance for the development and integration of airborne electronic hardware.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top