Electrical Engineer - Reliability
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
About the Role
We are actively looking for a Reliability / Safety Engineer
- The candidate will have experience with reliability and safety analysis of electronics and software for avionics. This experience will be in support of product developments compliant to DO-254, DO-178 using ARP5580, ARP4761 and ARP4754A. The candidate will utilize this capability within the guidelines of the product safety process in support of product design, development, and validation of embedded Single Board Computers (SBC), Ethernet Switches, I/O, Sensor Processing cards and systems. Duties may include research, evaluation, simulation and analysis of products under development and writing reports documenting the results. Support of existing products will also be required at times.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required.
- US Citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Utilize your DO-254, DO-178, ARP5580, ARP4761 and ARP4754A knowledge and experience to evaluate both hardware and software product design, development, validation, verification and sustaining projects.
- Work as part of an engineering team to ensure design and development projects for SBC's, sensor processing modules, I/O products and systems will meet design assurance and safety goals.
- Create derived safety requirements by working with customers and other engineers.
- Identify and track product safety functions and hazards to ensure mitigation of risk.
- Create, update, and review safety / hazard analysis and reports for products under development.
- Document unmitigated hazards for communication to customers.
- Support interfacing organizational disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, software, test, customer support, quality assurance, configuration management and product management.
- Release final product into production, and support project manager with closing out internal process deliverables.
- Support continuous improvement of processes, tools and methods.
- Eligible to work on ITAR projects (US citizen or green card holder).
- Prior experience using DOORs.
- Working knowledge of DO-254 & DO-178 principals as they relate to planning, validation, design verification and overall compliance.
- Prior experience performing FMEA or FMECA analysis for safety critical Avionics applications.
- Working knowledge of ARP4761 & ARP4754A as they relate to planning, validation, design verification and overall compliance to product safety goals.
- FPGA Design experience in Verilog or VHDL.
- Experience with FPGA simulation & analysis including clock domain crossing simulation tools.
- Experience with low-level software development (C/C++ preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- 10+ years of software or electrical engineering design experience for avionics systems.
- 10+ years of experience determining reliability of hardware or software, performing system safety assessments or identifying product safety risks, hazards & mitigations.
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top