Electrical Engineer HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
The candidate will work with a team to design, develop, and validate embedded FPGA and electrical board designs. Duties may include research, evaluation, simulation and analysis, debug, troubleshooting, board bring up, writing validation software and scripts, test benches, documentation, and adherence to process. Support of existing products will be required at times.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required.
- US Citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Create and update schematics.
- Oversee electrical board design, development, test, and release.
- Create, update, and debug FPGA firmware.
- Create and maintain custom IP for re-use across company products.
- Research, evaluate, and integrate 3rd Party IP where applicable.
- VHDL and Verilog experience.
- Develop and extend FPGA development best practices among team.
- Create test benches and test frameworks for support and regression of designs.
- Support interfacing organizational disciplines such as mechanical, software, test, customer support, and product management.
- Prepare source, binary, and documentation files for use in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand basic networking concepts such as IP addressing, firewalls, switching, and routing.
- Work with, design, and understand high speed digital interfaces such as SERDES, USB, and PCIe.
- Release final product into production, and support project manager with closing out internal process deliverables.
- Troubleshoot/debug issues that come up during validation testing, and drive quick resolution.
- Eligible to work on ITAR projects (US citizen or green card holder).
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of electrical engineering design experience.
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera FPGA development tools.
- Experience designing with latest FPGA's such as Xilinx MPSoC, US+, and Altera Arria 10.
- Prior experience using Mentor Graphics Schematic Capture and Layout tools.
- Perform signal integrity analysis.
- Modern FPGA design practices, including HLS and OpenCL.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging hardware.
- Experience using Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with low-level software development (C/C++ preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages, including TCL and Python.
- Experience with Ethernet from 1G to 40G.
- Experience working with embedded PowerPC and ARM processors.
- Experience with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter)
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top