Electrical Engineer - CERT Hardware
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - HARDWARE
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required.
- US Citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Utilize your DO-254 knowledge and experience to complete design, development, validation, verification and sustaining tasks on hardware design projects.
- Work as part of an engineering team to design and develop SBC's, sensor processing modules, and I/O products following established development processes.
- Create derived requirements by working with product management and other engineers.
- Create and update schematics.
- Create, update, and debug FPGA firmware.
- Perform signal integrity analysis.
- Support interfacing organizational disciplines such as mechanical, software, test, customer support, and product management.
- Review customer feedback and test performance to make required updates to the current prototype and production designs.
- Prepare source, binary, and documentation files for use in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand basic networking concepts such as IP addressing, firewalls, and routing.
- Release final product into production, and support project manager with closing out internal process deliverables.
- Troubleshoot/debug issues that come up during validation testing, and drive quick resolution.
- Write engineering test SW to validate and regression test HW designs.
- Eligible to work on ITAR projects (US citizen or green card holder).
- Prior experience using DOORs.
- Working knowledge of DO-254 principals as they relate to planning, validation, design verification, transition into production and overall compliance to DO-254.
- Prior experience designing hardware / FPGAs for safety critical Avionics applications.
- Prior experience using Mentor Graphics Schematic Capture and Layout tools.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging hardware.
- FPGA Design experience in Verilog or VHDL.
- Experience with FPGA simulation & analysis including clock domain crossing simulation tools.
- Experience using Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with low-level software development (C/C++ preferred).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter)
- 3-10 years of electrical engineering design experience.
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera FPGA development tools.
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top