Director, Program Management HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
DIRECTOR, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Reporting to the Vice President, Systems and Services, the Director of Program Management will be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of all contracted programs for the company. The Director will supervise and mentor the program execution staff. The Director of Programs will maintain a close relationship with customer's senior leadership and be the secondary interface with the customer to ensure continued alignment with customer requirements and program execution.
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience in managing large scale, complex systems and have in-depth knowledge of the military and aerospace markets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable and responsible for executing the portfolio of programs to their revenue, cost, and schedule plans. Establish and control program budgets and schedules that are aligned with the program needs.
- Ensure all programs are managed and executed within approved program management processes
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders to leverage successful program execution through all its phases with special focus on the program's cost, schedule, technical performance and quality.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and guidance to the individual program managers to ensure program compliance to cost, schedule, technical scope, and quality
- Provide an executive level of interaction with the customer
- Review proposals including but not limited to the statement of work, technical specifications, and terms and conditions to ensure the company's ability to be compliant with the program requirements.
- Work closely with sales to capture new business with existing and new customers by leveraging relationships in the customer community and finding new and unique ways to deploy our technology to meet the customer's needs.
Experience and Qualification requirements
- 10+ years of managing large, complex, interrelated projects, programs and functions in a matrixed organization in the defense/aerospace industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or Business
- PMP level Certification or advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices.
- Existing Secret Clearance (DoD) is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in leading large programs
- Demonstrated experience in managing cost, schedule and technical performance for a large program.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, diverse, dynamic environment with time critical requirements
- Develop customer and program enhancing partnerships with internal functional organizations such as sales, finance, engineering, and operations
- Executive level experience interacting and influencing customers
- Demonstrated track record of developing customer relationships to fulfill their needs and ensure their satisfaction and continued business
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management
- Excellent written and oral communications including presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding and proficient use of program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes. The successful candidate will spearhead an effort to lead the organization to adopt some of these practices as relevant to our business.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic development, and program capture, and in successfully negotiating multi-million-dollar agreements with large aerospace and defense customers.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top