Co-op SW Engineering US
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
CO-OP SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Fundamental Von Neumann architectures
- IO Bus and communication facilities
- Peripheral interfaces
- DMA data transmission
- Rudimentary understanding of software facilities to support the above
- Knowledge of digital logic fundamentals
- Promising candidate may have used simple test equipment such as an oscilloscope
- Experience with bare microprocessors or hardware emulations tools useful
- Comfort with schematics and/or other HW design artifacts a plus
- Studied Operating System fundamentals
- Additional credit for practical exercise in hardware device interfacing and drivers
- Experience in low-level embedded programming, e.g. of SOC architectures valuable.
- Linux experience most valued, experience in other OS environments quite helpful
- Coordinate with or request assistance from peers
- Document technical details to testing team and to publications experts
- In route to obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Basic C/C++ knowledge preferred
- Linux shell script experience welcomed (or analogous) preferred
- Ability to help define clear and fulfill concise project requirements preferred
- Ability to multi-task while remaining organized and productive preferred
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top