Co-op - SW Engineering Abaco-X
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
Software Co-op Abaco-X
- Fundamental Von Neumann architectures
- IO Bus and communication facilities
- Peripheral interfaces
- DMA data transmission
- Rudimentary understanding of software facilities to support the above
- Knowledge of digital logic fundamentals
- Promising candidate may have used simple test equipment such as an oscilloscope
- Experience with bare microprocessors or hardware emulations tools useful
- Comfort with schematics and/or other HW design artifacts a plus
- Studied Operating System fundamentals
- Additional credit for practical exercise in hardware device interfacing and drivers
- Experience in low-level embedded programming, e.g. of SOC architectures valuable.
- Linux experience most valued, experience in other OS environments quite helpful
- Coordinate with or request assistance from peers
- Document technical details to testing team and to publications experts
- In route to obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Basic C/C++ knowledge preferred
- Linux shell script experience welcomed (or analogous) preferred
- Ability to help define clear and fulfill concise project requirements preferred
- Ability to multi-task while remaining organized and productive preferred
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top