Co-op - Mechanical Engineering ABX
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
CO-OP MECHANICAL ENGINEER Responsibilities:
- Learn to design, develop, modify and evaluate electronic packaging for use in Mil/aero applications
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Model components and systems as well as create drawing packages for fabrication
- Learn to perform structural and thermal analysis of electronic systems
- Support vibration and thermal testing of aerospace systems
- Working on Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Sophomore with Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering focus
- Highly motivated with the ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Experience using SolidWorks or 3D CAD software
- Thermal analysis and flow analysis experience
- Experience performing structural analysis
- Understanding of Materials and Processes used in the electronic packaging
- Familiarity with dynamic and thermal testing
- Ability to work in teams and achieve design and schedule targets while managing design constraints
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, oral and written communication skills
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top