Contractor - HR Administrative Assistant
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
CONTRACTOR-HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Seeking a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support on various Human Resources projects and programs. This is a temporary position, but has the potential to become a full time, regular position. This position will assist in all functional areas of the Human Resources Department; to include; but not limited to training; payroll, compensation; recruiting; on-boarding; benefits; and employee data management.
Essential functions will include:
- Administers; processes; and maintains new hire/benefit paperwork as well as modifying all HR and payroll systems with employee status changes of current employees.
- Assists in recruiting assignments and onboarding of new hires.
- Maintains and generates records, reports, and logs pertaining to employment actions and legal compliance.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Ensures all printing and filing is up to date.
- Participates in and attends meetings and seminars (in person and via telecom).
- Answer and direct employee phone calls to the appropriate HR representative.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Associate's Degree (preferred) and a minimum of 2 (two) years relevant experience in an office environment performing data entry or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several tasks/projects at once in a high paced and high volume environment.
- Strong data entry skills with high accuracy
- Provide ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively.
- Requires advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of federal regulations; and commonly used concepts; practices; and procedures within the HR field.
- Previous experience with HRIS or payroll systems is preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of or desire to work in the Human Resources field.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top