Business Development Manager
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Director, Business Development and Strategic Capture
Role Summary/Purpose The Director of Business Development and Strategic Capture will work within a collaborative team environment that identifies, qualifies, and prosecutes a three-to-five-year business opportunity pipeline within the Federal Air, Land, Sea, Space and Commercial marketplace aligning with ABACO's revenue and profit growth strategies. This person will synchronize all current and planned business development activities with product development roadmaps, marketing, service support organizations, partnering relationships, research & development, and field sales / support activities- resulting in an organizationally efficient and agile process.
Essential Responsibilities In addition you will:
- Leverage federal government and commercial business development experience, demonstrate and operate strategically at the enterprise level, including department- and agency-level senior executives.
- Develop Capture Plans and Campaign Plans, drawing on successful experience across the business development life cycle for all capabilities and solutions, particularly for large-scale technology opportunities.
- Leverage excellent industry relationships with competitors, niche capability firms, and small businesses into capture efforts to result in a track record of wins.
- Develops capture strategy including business solution for pursuit of opportunities; develops value propositions, discriminators and differentiators; identifies customer decision makers, performs competitive assessments, assists in identifying teaming suppliers, and develops price-to-win assessments.
- Lead and facilitate the development, delivery, and presentation of whitepapers and drive technical and acquisition client call plans and other outreach efforts to qualify and inform opportunity pursuit decisions.
- Work as an integrated team member across account leadership teams in a highly collaborative and team-centric culture within a matrixed organization where collaboration and a team-centric culture are paramount for success.
- BS or MS degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in a senior business development role with annual revenue and sales targets at a major federal government contractor focused on technology sales.
- Experience with the entire business development cycle through contract award.
- Formal Capture Management training desired, experience with Shipley Process
- Prior Program Management experience.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
- Knowledge of the US government's acquisition process and engaging with c-suite level executives
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to coordinate, collaborate, and lead without oversight responsibly
- Ability to work as a member of an integrated account and opportunity capture team within a matrixed organization
- Experience with Government sales and consulting
- Possession of excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), influential and collaborative skills
- Strong Troubleshooting / Problem Solving Skills
- Strong external customer focus and customer orientation
- Action oriented - takes responsibility for decisions, actions & results
- Ability to assimilate a large number of process exceptions
- Ability to work in a diverse global environment, influencing and cooperating with multiple teams simultaneously
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top