Application Engineer - Mil/Aero
Abaco Systems is not your typical start-up! We are a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Come innovate with us on the forefront of defense and mission-critical industry.
We are recruiting for an experienced and highly motivated Military/Aero Field Application Engineer to provide pre- and post-sale technical support for our customers in various countries (Germany and Nordic territories).
- Provision of pre-sale technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with complex systems.
- Promotion of ABACO Mil/Aero products and solutions through road shows, seminars, Trade Shows, white papers and exhibitions.
- Occasional work through all phases of customer interaction including customer analysis, design implementation and product manufacturing including long term support.
- Assistance in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
- Technical responsibility for pre- and/ or post-sales support of company products/systems.
- Implementation of detailed customer installation plans and some product training.
- Provision of a follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Contributions to business intelligence.
- An Engineering degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable practical experience in the Mil/Aero Embedded Systems industry
- Strong understanding of the sales process
- Strong Technical/Practical background desired in the Embedded systems industry , spanning open architecture computer platforms, including but not limited to VME, VPX, CPCI, PCIe, Networking, Graphics, Signal Processing, PowerPC and Intel architectures
- Specific knowledge of VxWorks, Linux and other leading Real Time operating system Software
- Experience in Systems Engineering/Hardware & Software Integration
- Excellent HW/SW problem solving skills and ability to see "The big picture"
- Experience of Embedded Solutions for PowerPC and Intel architectures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, self-starter, highly motivated individual, able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Please note that we endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven't heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top