Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
We are recruiting for an experienced and highly motivated Field Application Engineer to provide pre- and post-sale technical support for our customers in various countries.
- Provision of pre-sale technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with complex systems.
- Promotion of Abaco products and solutions through road shows, seminars, Trade Shows, white papers and exhibitions.
- Work through all phases of customer interaction, including customer analysis, design implementation and support.
- Assistance in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
- Technical responsibility for pre- and/ or post-sales support of company products/systems.
- Implementation of detailed customer installation plans and some product training.
- Provision of a follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Contributions to business intelligence.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable practical experience in the Mil/Aero Embedded Systems industry
- Strong understanding of the sales process
- Strong Technical/Practical background desired in the Embedded systems industry, spanning open architecture computer platforms, including but not limited to VME, VPX , PCIe, Networking, Graphics, PowerPC and Intel architectures
- Specific knowledge of VxWorks, Linux and other leading Real Time operating system Software
- Good understanding of network technology and network management
- Knowledge into OpenCL/OpenGL or CUDA is a plus
- Experience in Systems Engineering/Hardware & Software Integration
- Knowledge of FPGA/DSP technology and applications such as Radar, Sonar and Electronic Warfare would be an advantage
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to see "The big picture"
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, self-starter, highly motivated individual, able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Back to top