Analog Design Engineer
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
We are looking for a talented individual with expertise in analog and digital hardware. The Candidate will be part of a team designing compact and ruggedized board level products using FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices.
Analog/Mixed signal circuit design for high speed interfaces. Job requires a good understanding of electronics including analog, digital, and RF circuit design, device physics and layout and computer aided design tools. Area of expertise should be in analog design.
- Designing power supplies, digital, analog, and RF circuitry for high speed, high performance analog converters (ADC and DAC).
- Designing for low noise in sensitive analog and clock circuitry
- Architecture definition, schematic generation, simulation, board layout verification, lab evaluation, analysis and optimization of performance
- Identifying and highlighting risks in the design schedule during the planning phase of the project and assisting in development plans to mitigate these risks.
- Characterizing analog performance (SNR, SFDR, Crosstalk, etc.)
- Generating and maintaining BOM.
- Testing and qualifying prototype boards.
- Integrating hardware in high-end systems.
- Identifying product requirements and ensuring compliance to specification, quality standards, and milestones
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant professional analog design experience for at least 5 years
- Experience in custom analog layout and integration is a must
- Strong analog design skills and experience in a variety of areas (high speed IO, power supplies, PLL's, etc.)
- Experience in noise mitigation in sensitive analog and clock circuitry
- Active involvement in problem solving and implementing solutions
- Professional experience (beyond academic) with high speed differential lines and serial interfaces
- Professional experience (beyond academic) designing with high speed, high performance ADC and DAC
- Hands-on experience in debugging and troubleshooting prototype hardware
- Strong understanding of analog performance characteristics (SNR, SFDR, THD, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of analog and digital electronics is required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision on projects with multiple, cross-functional engineers.
- Ability to design FPGA/CPLD logic in VHDL is a plus
- Experience with Zuken Cadstar is a plus
- Working knowledge of RF test equipment is a plus
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top