Commercial Insurance Sales Manager
Do you have…
- A commitment to providing exceptional service?
- Professional expertise and a passion for what you do?
- A high level of integrity?
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member?
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills?
- Dedication to developing your own skills and knowledge?
Our most successful associates demonstrate these qualities every day.
Energy Insurance Agency, Inc., a subsidiary of AAA, is seeking an experienced Commercial Insurance Sales Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of its commercial lines division in the Mid-Atlantic region. This position is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies and incentives, fostering and maintaining relationships with carriers, recruiting/development/retention and success of sales Producers and Account Service Managers, all with the goal of driving growth and Agency success. This position will manage a team of 4-5 Commercial Producers to target businesses and industries, network and generate new sales as well as support existing house accounts; foster a sales culture that is conducive to meeting Commercial Insurance sales and profitably; and is responsible for all production related activities, including, but not limited to, achieving sales goals, implementing market strategy, and providing ongoing sales coaching to support a sales culture and associate development.
- Expand and profitably grow the Commercial Insurance operation
- Oversee all sales and service related functions of licensed commercial insurance agents.
- Motivate, coach and develop sales agents to achieve and exceed sales targets through continuous improvement in all aspects of agents’ performance including prospecting and selling skills, product knowledge, time management, and processing their business using the appropriate tools and systems.
- Manage staff and activities within budget expectations. Develop and implement organizational strategies to establish efficiencies, which translate in increased revenue and cost containment.
- Provide a strong team environment that is conducive to developing and maintaining highly motivated and productive sales and service agents.
- Ensure all agents are appropriately trained to provide expert commercial insurance coverage to customers.
- Analyze performance metrics of sales units and individuals, and design and implement action plans to address deficiencies and maximize opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate team meetings designed to motivate and create energy towards goal achievement.
- In partnership with the HR Recruiting, actively engage in the recruitment process.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Commercial Insurance industry to include supervisory responsibility for a sales team. Demonstrated experience in all areas of commercial insurance policies, including but not limited to P&C, Workers’ Comp, Auto, E&O, and D&O/EPLI.
- Solid understanding of the sales process and proven ability to sell.
- Ability to build, lead and influence a team of Producers to successful goal completion.
- A strong network of business to business contacts and relationships on which to build.
- Property & Casualty License with the ability to be appointed in the Mid-Atlantic states and nationally.
- Strong leadership & communication skills, and thrives on competition and challenge.
- Ability to direct strategy as well as manage/perform day-to-day transactions and processes.
- Experience and ability to manage to basic P&L principles and requirements with knowledge of budget planning and developing business plans.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, analytical thinking and prioritization.
- Self-Motivated and self-disciplined with the strong ability to work effectively independently with remote supervision.
- Excellent time management.
- Strong desktop computing skills including use of standard business application software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary of $72,281 – $90,350/year, depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to, Paid Time Off, 401(k) plan, vol Medical, Dental, Disability & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
- Eligibility for Annual Bonus Plan
Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a company that values its customers, members and employees, and has been named “Best Place to Work” 10 years in a row!
Keywords: Commercial Insurance Sales Manager, Commercial Lines Manager, Manager of Commercial Insurance, P/C Insurance, Business to Business Insurance, Agency Manager
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visit Our Company Website.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Mid-Atlantic, check out our Day In The Life Videos.
At AAA Mid-Atlantic, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Mid-Atlantic the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Mid-Atlantic is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
Back to top