Managing Director, IT Infrastructure
Do you have…
- A commitment to providing exceptional service?
- Professional expertise and a passion for what you do?
- A high level of integrity?
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member?
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills?
- Dedication to developing your own skills and knowledge?
Our most successful associates demonstrate these qualities every day.
AAA is hiring an IT Infrastructure Managing Director to join the team in Mt. Laurel!
This is a senior leadership role, accountable for the successful implementation and on-going stability and operations of all enterprise network, storage, unified communications, and server based infrastructures (physical/virtual/cloud/IaaS) in support of tactical and strategic business initiatives.
In cooperation with business stakeholders, governance, legal, procurement, enterprise security and other IT departmental leaders as required, this individual will gain organizational commitment for emerging infrastructure-related projects, investments, and budgets within their sphere of influence.
This role will provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
This role will lead and mentor departmental employees, proactively manage vendor partners, sponsor professional service engagements, respond to regulatory audits and the implementation of identified controls, and assume responsibility as the face to the business for IT infrastructure related scenarios.
- Provide overall direction in the design and implementation of long-term strategic and short-term tactical infrastructure plans that will enable business success.
- Act as a trusted advisor, and build and maintain relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensure cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and respond with agility to changing business priorities. Ensure that proposed/existing infrastructure services are aligned with organizational goals and objectives while balancing cost with business value.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and issues in the global ecosystem, including competitive technologies, platforms and associated solutions. Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise’s business strategy. Champions enterprise infrastructure’s involvement in the IT organization’s innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities
- Establish and manage the entire infrastructure department budget. This includes all internal labor, travel, consulting, infrastructure hardware and software and associated vendor services for the enterprise.
- Confer with end-users, vendors, clients, and/or other senior managers to define business requirements for complex infrastructure systems while effectively balancing cost and business value.
- Oversee the execution of management processes to ensure the infrastructure capacity and systems technical performance are optimized across the enterprise. Report on the status and make corresponding recommendations to drive continuous improvement
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish SLA metrics and report performance to the business
- Ensure staffing models and operational processes effectively support enterprise wide business demand for production issue support, service requests, and project based work. Drive continuous improvement in these operational processes.
- Grow the team’s competencies through successful employee recruitment, retention, training and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Master’s preferred) and 10+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferably five or more years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- ITIL Service Strategy, Design, Operations, Capacity Management and CSI certifications preferred
- Project Management Certifications (CAPM, PMP) preferred
- Experience leading team-oriented, matrixed, collaborative environments.
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- Experience managing large teams of technical professionals in a fast-paced environment supporting numerous, complex projects with cross-dependencies with a demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain top talent
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, and all relevant regulations (such as PCI).
- Excellent systems level architecture and technical background
- Working technical knowledge of network, storage, unified communications, database and server based infrastructure technologies
- Proven project planning and vendor management experience.
- Negotiation and contracting skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong relationships with the business in a highly professional manner
- Adaptive situational leadership practices
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Eligibility for Annual Bonus Plan.
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to: 3+ weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 7%, Health & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and a complimentary AAA Membership.
- Excellent working environment with stability and growth opportunities
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visit Our Company Website.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out our Day In The Life Videos.
AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic and AAA Allied Group joining, now representing nearly six million members in 11 states and Washington, DC. At AAA Club Alliance, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AAA Club Alliance's Employees
Dwight oversees the opening of new AAA stores, as well as the relocation of existing stores, and he loves the open culture at AAA—the way the company embraces employees’ ideas.
Back to top