Driving School Instructor
Do you have
- A commitment to providing exceptional service?
- Professional expertise and a passion for what you do?
- A high level of integrity?
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member?
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills?
- Dedication to developing your own skills and knowledge?
Our most successful associates demonstrate these qualities every day.
AAA Club Alliance, Inc. has a Part-Time Driving School Instructor opening in our Enfield, CT location. This position is directly responsible for driving the growth of our CT Driving School operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Candidates must have excellent leadership and management characteristics.
- Ability to effectively teach in a classroom and in-car setting is a must.
- A self-starter who can operate with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours. Class room sessions are typically during the day.
**This position is typically 15-25 hour per week. Actual hours may vary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide driving theory classroom instruction/facilitation to new and experienced drivers through the presentation of action video (DVD), student workbooks, articles, handouts and hands-on activities.
- Plan and prepare lessons to reach the desired learning outcomes of different audiences.
- Ensure lesson plans are being implemented to meet state and AAA requirements.
- Provide constructive feedback on students' progress.
- Provide professional and courteous service to all students and associates.
- Understand and follow all department policies, procedures and state regulations as applicable.
- Maintain accurate student records pertaining to attendance, grades and other related tasks.
- Submit all reports and other related and required documents in a timely manner.
- Complete special projects and assignments as needed.
- Maintain Driving School Instructor License throughout employment
- Effectively manage student driver caseload
- Follow departmental guidelines and/or guidelines set forth by Department of Motor Vehicles
- Ensure each student driver completes required amount of class room and on road training
- Schedule and manage in car and classroom training of teens and adults as needed
- Assist with the development of department goals and objectives
- Must have or acquire and maintain a Driving School Instructor License
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage case load
- Excellent leadership skills; plus the capability to work in both a team and one on one setting
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with professionalism to teens as well as adults
- Must have valid Connecticut drivers license.
- Excellent driving record
Why Join AAA?
AAA is a great place to work. We provide a stable working environment with challenging and exciting career opportunities. To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive hourly rate depending upon experience.
- 401(k) plan with company match up to 7%, a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
Keywords: Driving Instructor, Driving School, Teaching, Driving Skills, AAA Jobs
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visit
Our Company Website
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out our
Day In The Life Videos
AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic, AAA Allied Group, and AAA Oklahoma/South Dakota joining, now representing nearly six million members in 13 states and Washington, DC. At AAA Club Alliance, weve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us its the companys positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
This Organization participates in E-Verify .
Right to Work
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Applicants have rights under State and Local Employment Laws:
Arizona Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Discrimination and Harassment in Employment are prohibited by Law
Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Discrimination in Employment is Prohibited
New Jersey Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Employment Provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
Philadelphia Employment Discrimination
Philadelphia Ban the Box
Meet Some of AAA Club Alliance's Employees
Supervisor, Travel Contact Center
Patrick oversees a team of agent support specialists, assisting with customer calls while also invoicing vacations booked through the AAA in-store travel club.
Back to top