Community Educator II
Do you have…
- A commitment to providing exceptional service?
- Professional expertise and a passion for what you do?
- A high level of integrity?
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member?
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills?
- Dedication to developing your own skills and knowledge?
Our most successful associates demonstrate these qualities every day.
AAA Club Alliance is seeking a Community Educator for our Traffic Safety Program. This position is responsible for creating and delivering a comprehensive safety strategy to provide safer streets and highways by developing and promoting traffic safety programs and presenting these programs to the community. The incumbent will travel to various schools (Pre-K through grade 12), local businesses, senior citizen organizations, civic associations, etc. in the northern, VA and DC metro area. The position hours are primarily day hours; however, some weekends and evenings are required for presentations, safety fairs and child passenger seat installations.
Key responsibilities include
- Create traffic safety programs/presentations to be presented to various community groups including schools (Pre-school through grade 12), civic organizations, senior citizen organizations and corporate clients.
- Researches and analyzes data for presentations, to include traffic crash statistics, traffic laws and regulations, legislation, enforcement, judicial procedures and other pertinent information.
- Operate Otto the Auto, a 3' high, 3' wide talking robotic car. Involves a remote control and headset.
- Run the AAA School Safety Patrol program for the DC Metro area including setting up new patrol groups with elementary schools, training the students and coordinating induction programs with local police.
- Manage presentations by traveling within the DC Metro Area (Northern VA, DC and three counties in MD including Montgomery, Charles and Prince George's), communicating with contacts verbally and in writing, and asking for referrals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Five (5) years of experience in traffic safety, injury prevention, education, training or another related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs, bend, kneel, push, pull and maneuver in small areas.
- The installation of car seats in vehicles requires a certain degree of strength, flexibility and physical skill to compress vehicle cushions and pull safety belts before re-buckling to ensure accurate installation.
- Current driver's license and free of any serious traffic convictions.
- Solid PowerPoint skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel (all activity reports are completed in Excel but it involves only filling in a worksheet)
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications - Outlook is required for all time accountinng
Why Join AAA?
AAA is a great place to work. We provide a stable working environment with challenging and exciting career opportunities. To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary of $45,300 to $55,700/year depending on experience
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to: 3+ weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with a company match up to 7%, Health & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
Keywords: Community Education, Educator, Trainer, Traffic Safety, AAA Jobs
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visit Our Company Website.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out our Day In The Life Videos.
AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic and AAA Allied Group joining, now representing nearly six million members in 11 states and Washington, DC. At AAA Club Alliance, we've been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it's the company's positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
This Organization participates in E-Verify.
Right to Work
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Applicants have rights under State and Local Employment Laws:
Arizona Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Discrimination and Harassment in Employment are prohibited by Law
Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Discrimination in Employment is Prohibited
New Jersey Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Employment Provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
Philadelphia Employment Discrimination
Philadelphia Ban the Box
Meet Some of AAA Club Alliance's Employees
Dwight oversees the opening of new AAA stores, as well as the relocation of existing stores, and he loves the open culture at AAA—the way the company embraces employees’ ideas.
Back to top