Assistant General Counsel III
Do you have…
- A commitment to providing exceptional service?
- Professional expertise and a passion for what you do?
- A high level of integrity?
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member?
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills?
- Dedication to developing your own skills and knowledge?
Our most successful associates demonstrate these qualities every day.
AAA is hiring an Assistant General Counsel to join our team in Wilmington!
The ideal candidate for this position will have 5-8 years of experience at a major law firm or in an in-house legal department with significant experience in the following areas:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of technology agreements including software licensing, service and maintenance agreements, SaaS agreements, cloud agreements, data processing agreements, agreements for mobile applications development and support, hardware equipment purchasing, and web development agreements.
- Advising clients on the development of privacy and data security policies and third-party vendor privacy management programs, and compliance with relevant state and federal privacy laws including regulations promulgated by the FTC and the Gramm Leach-Bliley Act.
- Experience in counseling marketing personnel regarding federal and state privacy laws implicated by use of social media, online behavioral advertising, e-mail and mobile applications in marketing and promotional programs.
- Counseling on cybersecurity risks, the development of cybersecurity response plans and cybersecurity insurance legal issues.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating moderately complex to complex commercial contracts, including consulting, non-disclosure, confidentiality, supply, distribution, and advertising and join venture agreements.
The primary duties of the Assistant General Counsel III are:
- Regularly supports and confers with clients at CEO and senior officer level and below.
- With the business plans and strategies of the Organization in mind, scans the legal and business environments to identify emerging legal issues and proposes legal and business responses to threats and opportunities in a timely and useful way.
- Provides legal advice directly to clients on questions of significant complexity on a regular basis, conducts legal research in a wide variety of legal areas, and, when greater expertise is required, instructs and manages retained counsel on such questions and collaborates on the development of legal strategies and the implementation thereof with outside counsel.
- Leads Organization-wide committees, project teams or working groups in order to assist such committees, project teams or working groups to assess legal risk and to suggest strategies to minimize such risk, anticipate legal issues and avoid legal constraints on developing plans.
- Proactively recommends legal and business strategies and tactics that harmonize the legal and business objectives of the Organization with requirements of the law and contributes to the development of business objectives and strategies. Autonomously develops legal strategies to address legal risks within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Juris Doctor Degree, current admission to a state bar, current continuing legal education accreditation, and active practice of the law for a minimum of fifteen years or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated expert understanding and knowledge of the law as it pertains to his or her duties and of one or more of the Organization’s business areas allowing the incumbent to work autonomously on most matters.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities without direct supervision of the Chief Legal Officer.
- Ability to exercise discretion and employ independent judgment with respect to the counseling of clients on complex legal matters.
- Ability to represent the Organization effectively in matters involving communications of any kind with parties outside the Organization.
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Eligibility for Annual Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to, 3+ weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with a company match up to 7%, Health & Life Insurance, and a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visit Our Company Website.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out our Day In The Life Videos.
AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic and AAA Allied Group joining, now representing nearly six million members in 11 states and Washington, DC. At AAA Club Alliance, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AAA Club Alliance's Employees
Dwight oversees the opening of new AAA stores, as well as the relocation of existing stores, and he loves the open culture at AAA—the way the company embraces employees’ ideas.
Back to top