Accounts Payable Manager, Enterprise-Wide
Do you have…
- A commitment to providing exceptional service?
- Professional expertise and a passion for what you do?
- A high level of integrity?
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member?
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills?
- Dedication to developing your own skills and knowledge?
Our most successful associates demonstrate these qualities every day.
AAA Club Alliance is hiring for a full-time Accounts Payable Manager to join our team at our Wilmington, DE HQ location! This position is an enterprise wide position and is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable Department by evaluating and managing the payment function in support of business lines. In addition to identifying process change improvement opportunities, system enhancements and optimization, this position will manage the performance of staff to ensure the payable function is operating efficiently and effectively in order to meet objectives in a fast-paced environment.
AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic and AAA Allied Group joining, now representing nearly six million members in 13 states and Washington, DC. Since its founding over 100 years ago, AAA has been an advocate for the motorist and traveler, continually advocating for driver and passenger rights, fair laws, and safer vehicles and roads.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven, excellent interpersonal and consultative relationship skills to interface with top financial management and business lines.
- Experience with Workday preferred, or other ERP AP environment, and managing general disbursement volumes of over $200 million annually via multiple methods.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to attract, hire, develop, train, mentor and retain talented associates, in both virtual and traditional office setting.
- Ability to hold employee accountable to timely completion and quality work results
- Ability to travel up to 10% within ACA footprint to meet with direct and indirect reports as part of Enterprise Responsibility in support of the Department and Function.
- Accounts Payable Manager designation a plus, but not required.
Additional duties of the Accounts Payable Manager are:
- Benchmark and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the current process to streamline workflow while also performing re-design and flow-charting; develop, implement, and communicate process improvements and enhancements to internal controls.
- Perform disbursement runs ensuring payment method is most cost efficient; analyze and verify outstanding invoices to ensure proper payment and ensure compliance with internal, external stakeholders, and regulatory entities.
- Ensure all financial deadlines regarding accounts payable are met for month-end and year-end financial closings, including supporting requests from internal and external audit functions.
- Delegate tasks across the entire A/P team and ensures clearly communicated expectations so that the team achieves a quality outcome, including determining deadlines and recognizing and adjusting based on over or under-achievement. Evaluate and guide accounts payable staff of up to 10 associates to enhance their performance, development and work product. Address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Seven (7) years of Accounts Payable experience in an automated financial environment and six (6) years of experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Six Sigma a plus or similar methodologies is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with well-developed presentation skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Why Join AAA?
AAA is a great place to work. We provide a stable working environment with challenging and exciting career opportunities. To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to: Nearly 4 weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with a company match up to 7%, Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
Keywords: Accounts Payable, Accounting jobs, A/P, Finance, Management, AAA Jobs, ERP AP,
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visit Our Company Website.
To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out our Day In The Life Videos.
AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic and AAA Allied Group joining, now representing nearly six million members in 11 states and Washington, DC. At AAA Club Alliance, we've been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it's the company's positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V
This Organization participates in E-Verify.
Right to Work
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Applicants have rights under State and Local Employment Laws:
Arizona Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Discrimination and Harassment in Employment are prohibited by Law
Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
Discrimination in Employment is Prohibited
New Jersey Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
Employment Provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
Philadelphia Employment Discrimination
Philadelphia Ban the Box
Meet Some of AAA Club Alliance's Employees
Car Care Insurance Travel District Director
Todd ensures that the AAA stores in his district reach their sales goals and offer customers the highest quality customer service, and he loves that associates work hard to exceed expectations.
Back to top