VP, Sales - Kroger Advertising
VP SALES, KROGER ADVERTISING – CINCINNATI, OH / CHICAGO, IL
Join an entrepreneurial, dynamic and fun team as we build businesses across brands you know and love, and the Kroger Company – the second largest grocery retailer in the world.
84.51° is a data science, customer experience & activation company. It’s a truly exciting time in retail and the intersection of media & commerce is creating new opportunities for advertisers to drive demand and grow share. Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) houses a portfolio of products to unleash Kroger Advertising assets, leveraging rich 1P data to target messages, bridge advertising into commerce and transparently evaluate effectiveness of media activations. Retail will transform the media ecosystem and Kroger will be at the forefront.
We work hard, and we play just as hard. That’s why we engage in a range of official and unofficial activities to get together, serve the community, and have fun. We continually seek people who make us better. In order to continue to grow, we need more great people who want to join us in driving industry-changing, brain-stimulating work.
At 84.51°, Kroger Precision Marketing enables brands to deliver relevant messages, offers and experiences to consumers through direct-to-consumer communications, programmatic digital advertising and in-store activation. As the VP of Sales for Kroger Advertising, you will lead the sales strategy and engagement plan across our portfolio of clients. Leading an inspired sales organization, you will ensure we expand our relationships with national media, ecommerce and retail media teams across the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Agency vertical. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have a high standard for quality, be an expert in 84.51° media capabilities and be a change-agent in the advertising ecosystem.
This job will focus on several key initiatives:
- Leading, coaching, developing & inspiring high-functioning team of salespeople with excellence
- Curating data-driven insights from market / advertiser trends to set direction for sales team
- Delivering on financial commitments through operational rigor and disciplined sales processes
- Assigning accounts relative to strategic priority, setting quotas and forecasting growth
- Managing pipeline and weekly reporting on revenue performance and tracking industry pacing
- Establishing trusted relationships with CPG executive teams responsible for media investment decisions
- Developing & implementing successful commercial relationships that drive scale
- Being a visible leader in the industry at conferences, events and through social media to elevate our voice
- Collaborating with Business Operations, Product Strategy, Media Planning, Data Science & Engineering to push the boundaries of the media industry and identify new opportunities to deliver scale
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The right person will thrive in a fast-paced environment and must possess the following:
- A minimum of 10 years of digital media / advertising sales experience consistently exceeding revenue targets
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Acute understanding of digital media trends / technologies and agency landscape
- A thirst for data and operational process that makes sales team more efficient
- A thought leader in sales who is well connected in the CPG / agency ecosystem
- Proven management & leadership skills with the ability to counsel on media investment strategies
- Proven ability to guide a cross-functional team to a common vision and lead through influence vs. authority
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written, presentation, people, and diplomacy skills
- A consultative mindset solving client problems through shared experience & data-based storytelling
- Initiative, detail orientation, strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
Back to top