84.51° helps companies create sustainable growth by putting the customer at the center of everything. Using a sophisticated suite of tools and technology, we turn data into knowledge to help some of the world's leading CPG manufacturers and partners develop, nurture and embrace deeper relationships with their customer.
We excel at challenging convention and pushing beyond what's comfortable. The result is a more enlightened, more personal, remarkably dynamic approach to putting the customer at the center of every decision.
There's a much-needed revolution taking place in business. Discover a new and improved customer-first commitment. Join us at 84.51º
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Versatilists at 84.51° act as a liaison between the IT Operations group and the Development groups (both Application Development and Data Development). Our Versatilists will work across our internal IT teams of deeply skilled professionals to gain a broad range of skills that include technical aptitude in many areas of IT as well as business knowledge. Once they gain a broad range of skills in areas like Cloud Platforms, Databases, Networking, and Security (among others), Versatilists will work in a collaborative environment, as an integral member of one or many Scrum teams, to help promote a DevOps culture.
- Use Scrum/Agile methodologies and DevOps principles combined with the latest in cloud, container, and automation technologies to enable our Development teams to deliver value.
- Integrate business knowledge, technical skill, and an understanding of end-to-end solutions to solve business problems
- Work with and collaborate with others on client/internal projects with management input/direction
- Learn and apply new and existing technologies to solve business problems
- Quickly adapt to changing needs, infrastructure, and evolving business processes
- Provide consistent and reliable assistance and support to colleagues on team initiatives
- Learn about 84.51˚ goals, ways of working, processes, products/services, tools and/or initiatives
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or other heavily technical program
- 1-3 years' experience in a technical role, Co-Op/Internship, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new, and emerging technologies that enable and drive business
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a teammate
- Willingness and ability to work non-standard hours; including participation in on-call 24x7 support rotation where needed
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, CI/CD, and DevOps)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
Back to top