Senior UX Designer
We are a full stack data science company and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company. We own 10 Petabytes of data, and collect 35+ Terabytes of new data each week sourced from 62 Million households. As a member of our product development team you will drive the development of applications that turn our data into actionable insights used to personalize the customer experience for shoppers at Kroger. We use agile development methodology, starting with Big Room Planning bringing everyone into the planning process to build scalable enterprise applications.
Senior UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll be an integral part of solving design problems for users within our business, at Kroger, and at CPG (consumer packaged goods) companies. At 84.51°, we design and build software experiences that delight users by making their lives easier, and we do this through research, design, analysis, and testing in an iterative delivery environment. The 84.51° Experience Design team focuses on a multidisciplinary approach that allows you to leverage your strengths and improve your weaknesses in a highly constructive, highly engaging environment.
You have a passion for innovative design with a user-centered focus. You know how to create engaging and usable experiences. You enjoy working closely with other designers, developers, and product owners. You love finding creative answers to unusual problems. You thrive on feedback and improvement.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Experience Design team and be part of the next wave of products that bring together industry-leading data science and customer insights.
- Communicate design needs with your team through appropriate documentation, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team comprised of product, engineering, and design to deliver a unified, quality software experience
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and end users to generate empathy for their needs across your team
- Conduct user research with internal and external users
- Make informed product recommendations that balance the needs of users, business, and technology
- Represent the interests of good design and user needs to your team and stakeholders
2+ years working as a User Experience Designer or similar role
- Experience in creating web or mobile software
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Experience in creating user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, production assets, and documentation
- Experience in facilitating forms of quantitative and qualitative user research (e.g. usability testing, card sorting, participatory design sessions, etc.)
- BFA/BA/BS degree in Design, Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent experience
Back to top