Senior Product Owner
WHAT DOES GOOD LOOK LIKE?
You are the product leader that inspires your teams to build the best outcome for the customer. As the conductor of success, your deft handling of the product design and development process, from defining the product to delivering it, helps guide your team to build the right thing for customers and earns the trust of business leadership.
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE?
Software products that customers find value in using, and that drive business value.
- Owns the product roadmap.
- Consistently provides clear priority calls after consideration of team and stakeholder advice.
- Accountable for iterative product delivery.
- Manages the cadence of the cross-functional team’s work
- Executes showcases for stakeholders
- Owns communication between team, PM and business.
- Leading day to day activities and delivering work in support of the program / product vision and goals
- Defining and driving internal 84.51˚ ways of working, processes, products/services, tools and/or initiatives initiatives (i.e. Agile Development Process; product management best practices)
- Independently creating potential solutions to problems, looking beyond the obvious solutions and considering how the solution impacts other variables
- Strategy Translation - Understands and communicates the drivers, goals and strategy associated with the product; translates idealized vision and guides the creation of a tangible product innovation.
- Learning-Based Development - Identifies and solves issues that span multiple parts of the product.; Makes evidence-based decisions using data (qualitative and quantitative); Defines the business product requirements via business value, needs and requirements collaboration with the BA
- Work Direction - Coordinates and unblocks cross-functional teams when there are challenges with delivering value; Collaborates with organizational stakeholders to enable valuable releases early and often; solving complex business or functional problems and coordinating the work of others on their team
- Communication - Prepares showcases for stakeholders, such as business owners, PMs, leadership, etc.;
Provides ongoing communication to stakeholders on progress, expectation management and to remove impediments.
Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5-7 years direct experience with the following:
- Scratch-to-launch experience in Digital Ad Media
- Managing cross-functional software development teams in an agile environment.
- Managing business priorities against design / user needs while delivering against product roadmaps.
- Managing end-to-end software product development and releases.
- Managing third party vendors.
- Ability to think big picture, while still being able to focus on details – and ability to articulate both
- Visual communication and storytelling experience
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Creator and doer
- Analytical skills
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills
- People leadership skills
- Verbal and written communication skills ability to translate between technical and business
Back to top