Senior Linux/Storage Engineer
84.51° seeks a Linux and Storage administrator with a strong drive to learn new technologies. In this role you will be responsible for support and maintenance of 84.51° Linux, Storage, Backup, and Monitoring systems.
- 2nd line support and administration of 84.51° Linux, Storage and Backup technologies, adhering to 84.51° Service Management processes, SLAs and Information Security Policy.
- Providing excellent Customer Service to 84.51° internal customers and external partners through our ticketing system and other communication.
- Management of system maintenance including patching and version control.
- Proactively monitor the IT environment, looking for potential issues and initiating mitigating actions as appropriate
- Participating in projects for integration of new applications into the 84.51° technology stack.
- Ensuring consistency across territories in key technologies
- Participation in the ITIL based Change Control Process
- RHEL / CentOS
- EMC Isilon
- EMC Data Domain
- EMC Avamar
- HP Blade Enclosures, Blades, and Rack Servers.
- Dell Rack Servers.
- Oracle ZFS Appliances
- Violin Memory Systems
- Zabbix Monitoring
- 2+ years experience managing Linux with preference given to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7.
- Demonstrable passion for learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ansible scripting.
- Bash scripting.
- Enterprise Backup and Recovery Experience
- Enterprise Monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios, ElasticSearch, Splunk, etc)
- Cisco fiber switch management.
- of levels
Meet Some of 84.51°'s Employees
Partnership Manager, Customer Communications Team
Terron works with a variety of consumer-packaged-goods companies to help build their customer communications strategies in order to meet business objectives and reward Kroger shoppers.
Back to top