Senior Data Engineer
We are a full stack data science company and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company. We own 10 Petabytes of data, and collect 35+ Terabytes of new data each week sourced from 62 Million households. As a member of our engineering team you will use various cutting edge technologies to develop applications that turn our data into actionable insights used to personalize the customer experience for shoppers at Kroger. We use agile development methodology, starting with Big Room Planning bringing everyone into the planning process to build scalable enterprise applications.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Data Engineer, we develop strategies and solutions to ingest, store and distribute our big data. Our developers use Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, JSON, and SQL in 10 week long scrum teams to developer the products, tools and features.
Senior Data Engineer
Take ownership of features and drive them to completion through all phases of the entire 84.51° SDLC. This includes external facing and internal applications as well as process improvement activities such as:
· Participate in design of Hadoop and SQL based solutions
· Perform development of Hadoop and SQL based solutions
· Perform unit and integration testing
· Partner with senior resources, gaining insights
· Provide mentoring to junior resources
· Participate in retrospective reviews
· Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
· Bring new perspectives to problems
· Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
Bachelor’s degree typically in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or another technically strong program.
2+ years of proven professional data development experience
Understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
Proficient with relational data modeling
2+ years developing with SQL (Oracle, SQLServer)
2+ years developing with Hadoop/HDFS
Full understanding of ETL concepts
Exposure to data warehousing concepts
· Exposure to VCS (Git, SVN)
· 1+ year developing experience with either Java, Scala or Python
· Experience with Spark
Preferred Skills – Experience in the following is a plus
Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, Cassandra)
Meet Some of 84.51°'s Employees
Partnership Manager, Customer Communications Team
Terron works with a variety of consumer-packaged-goods companies to help build their customer communications strategies in order to meet business objectives and reward Kroger shoppers.
Back to top