Security Solutions Engineer
Come join a growing team working in a high impact mission-critical security environment to keep 84.51°and its client data secure. The successful hire will gain hands on experience working in a fast pace company that focuses on big data analysis while working to secure cutting-edge information technologies and platforms. You will get to use the following skills: security tool configuration and deployment and executing threat analysis on vulnerabilities that are germane to 84.51°'s computing environment.
- Knowledge of: anti-virus, vulnerability management, SIEM, DLP, and/or IDS/IPS technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and security related issues
- Avid learner and ability to work well in a team based environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer orientated
- Analyze security alerts and tickets for malicious traffic and events
- Escalate alerts/tickets to senior members of team for review as needed
- This role will serve as the main focal point of all Tier 1 escalations from service desk or other IT groups to resolve tickets associated with Security team's tools.
- A major focus of this role, for starters, to own and resolve tickets that are assigned to the Security Solutions queue, managing the Phishing mailbox, and responding to end users as needed. Also partnering with MSSP on ticket resolution for events escalated to the team.
- Ability to participate in an oncall rotation. (Oncall rotation would be 1 week, every 3 weeks).
- Desire to learn and take ownership of AntiVirus tool. This means managing and enhancing AntiVirus tool and working with other teams to remediate issues discovered by Antivirus.
- Work under direct supervision and or take direction from other senior members of the team to assist with multiple projects and programs to aide in the completion of projects on schedule for the security team.
- Provide junior to mid-level knowledge and experience within the information security discipline.
- The Analyst should also have intermediate knowledge of enterprise IT security best practices, TCP/IP networks, and security architectures best practices and methodology.
- Maintain and regularly update knowledge of emerging threats that may affect the company's external and internal business partners to help properly secure systems and applications.
- Provide support for the planning, design, and implementation of information system security solutions, procedures, and policies that help 84.51° achieve its information security goals and objectives.
- Understanding of basic networking principles
- Other duties as assigned by manager
A good mix of security engineering and analysis skills are desired. Security engineering means the candidate is able to deploy and optimize security toolsets noted below. Security analysis skills means the candidate is able to dissect a threat and determine the potential impact to the organization and recommend a solution to protect 84.51 and its client data. Moderate to proficient skills in a scripting language, (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash shell, etc.) is a nice to have, but not necessary.
- Vulnerability management and testing systems
- Implementation and operation of new security solutions
- Hands on experience with: Web Proxies, IPSes, SIEMs, Vulnerability scanners is desired.
- Knowledge of how to secure, Windows, Red Hat Linux systems, endpoints, networks and applications
- Knowledge of security best practices and the how to apply them within an enterprise computing environment
- Basic to moderate understanding of Incident response/forensic/malware analysis skills.
- Basic to moderate understanding of the NIST/SANS top 20 critical controls.
- Basic to moderate knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related area, or equivalent job experience required.
- Must have foundational experience within IT. This means 3-5 years' experience in 1.) the security space 2.) or as a sys admin, 3.) or a network administration with desire and aptitude to learn security or 4.) college degree within IT and practical hands on work experience.
- The following Certifications are a nice to have but not a must: CISSP, any GIAC certification, Security+.
- Moderate experience in the Information Security field including ONE or more of the following concentrations: security analysis/security engineering, application/software security or network security.
Meet Some of 84.51°'s Employees
Partnership Manager, Customer Communications Team
Terron works with a variety of consumer-packaged-goods companies to help build their customer communications strategies in order to meet business objectives and reward Kroger shoppers.
Back to top