Quality Automation Lead
We are a full stack data science company and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company. We own 10 Petabytes of data, and collect 35+ Terabytes of new data each week sourced from 62 Million households. As a member of our engineering team you will use various cutting edge technologies to develop applications that turn our data into actionable insights used to personalize the customer experience for shoppers at Kroger. We use agile development methodology, starting with Big Room Planning bringing everyone into the planning process to build scalable enterprise applications.
Overview of role
This role will be on the leading edge of developing our quality competency across our cross functional agile teams. We are looking for individuals to develop, maintain, and continuously improve test automation frameworks at all levels. As a Quality Automation Lead, you will have an opportunity to influence agile development teams in all aspects of the 84.51 SDLC with a focus on test automation best practices and an emphasis on improving quality and time to market. You will help shape all aspects of test automation strategy including tools, process, and frameworks.
- Design and implement advanced test automation approach and frameworks for our agile product development organization
- Own and be accountable for test automation tools, frameworks, environments, and process for functional and performance testing
- Advocate for shift-left approach to testing and be the voice of quality
- Work with agile teams to drive adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability
- Work closely with agile development teams to drive effective test automation processes
- Own the overall technical roadmap of automation solutions in collaboration with agile development teams
- Serve as a servant leader and technical resource to the agile development teams, mentoring less-experienced members with responsibility for their technical development in test automation
- Create and facilitate test automation community of practice with cross functional team representation to drive adoption and continuous improvements
- Support and help grow great talent in the quality engineering space including interviewing, onboarding/training and ongoing mentoring/coaching
Required Characteristics & Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another heavily technical program and a minimum of five years of experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or another heavily technical program with a minimum of three years of experience.
- Established experience in a technical role executing and leading/mentoring
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment with multiple teams
- Strong experience in engineering practices including TDD, BDD, Chaos Engineering etc.
- Experience with unit testing using Junit or similar Xunit frameworks
- Experience with back end services and automated testing tools like Postman, Rest Assure etc.
- Experience with front end automated testing tools such as Protractor, Selenium, JBehave, Cucumber etc.
- Experience with performance testing using tools like JMeter, Gatling etc.
- Experience with big data frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark and data validation
- Hands-on experience in setting up automated testing as part of continuous integration (CI) build environments using TeamCity (preferred) or a comparable solution
- Demonstrated understanding of scalable architectures, performant systems and resilient enterprise software
- Highly motivated self-starter and leader with the ability to positively influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills. Strong analytical mind.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the following tech areas/skills
- Microservice architecture
- 12 factor apps
- Java and Spring Boot
- Linux Platform and shell scripts
Other Essential Job Functions: Mentoring/coaching others in QA principles and practices as well as performing the work. Good collaboration skills in an Agile environment.
Back to top