Lead UX Designer
We are a full stack data science company and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company. We own 10 Petabytes of data, and collect 35+ Terabytes of new data each week sourced from 62 Million households. As a member of our product development team you will drive the development of applications that turn our data into actionable insights used to personalize the customer experience for shoppers at Kroger. We use agile development methodology, starting with Big Room Planning bringing everyone into the planning process to build scalable enterprise applications.
As a Lead UX Designer, you'll make key decisions that shape the design of our products. Through partnership with product management, you'll be engaged in the strategic direction for how users experience 84.51° solutions. You'll be responsible to your cross-functional team for making great design happen in collaboration with other UX designers.
At 84.51°, we design and build software experiences that delight users by making their lives easier, and we do this through research, design, analysis, and testing in an iterative delivery environment. The 84.51° Experience Design team focuses on a multidisciplinary approach that allows you to leverage your strengths and improve your weaknesses in a highly constructive, highly engaging environment.
You lead by serving your teammates, not driving them. You dream about the bigger picture and can make a plan to get it done. You know what you don't know and surround yourself with others who complement your skillset. You have a passion for innovative design with a user-centered focus. You know how to create engaging and usable experiences. You enjoy working with other designers, developers, and product owners. You love finding creative answers to unusual problems. You thrive on feedback and improvement.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Experience Design team and be part of the next wave of products that bring together industry-leading data science and customer insights.
Communicate design needs with your team through appropriate documentation, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team comprised of product, engineering, and design to deliver a unified, quality software experience
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and end users to generate empathy for their needs across your team
- Conduct user research with internal and external users
- Make informed product recommendations that balance the needs of users, business, and technology
- Represent the interests of good design and user needs to your team and stakeholders
- BFA/BA/BS degree in Design, Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working as a User Experience Designer or similar role
- Experience in leading the design or product direction of web or mobile software
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment with technology and product
- Agile experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to facilitate design sessions and effectively present to stakeholders
- Experience in creating user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, production assets, and documentation
- Experience in facilitating forms of quantitative and qualitative user research (e.g. usability testing, card sorting, participatory design sessions, etc.)
Meet Some of 84.51°'s Employees
Terron W.Partnership Manager, Customer Communications Team
Terron works with a variety of consumer-packaged-goods companies to help build their customer communications strategies in order to meet business objectives and reward Kroger shoppers.
Back to top