Lead Scrum Master
- Cincinnati, OH
84.51 LLC is an innovative company focused on rapidly developing customer insights through data analytics aimed at tailoring marketing offers to customers’ needs. At 84.51 LLC we have the flexibility to accelerate future innovations by working with new partners and tools “…. with the goal of engaging customers where, when, and how it matters.” The Lead Scrum Master fits into this framework as one who makes customers’ lives easier by working with Product Owners and facilitating a product development team that uses the agile software development framework, with the ability to respond swiftly to change, while allowing for customer input along the way. The team will be developing web, mobile and database applications aimed at delivering data analytics and customer insights using a variety of technologies.
What does good look like?
You help teams at their highest level. You enable, support, influence and grow the team in their delivery of customer value, using an agile mindset to respond swiftly to change.
What are the expectations of my role?
Outcomes - A high performing team that relentlessly delivers customer value with a fearless commitment to their own continuous improvement.
- Focuses the team on delivering customer value, responding to feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Works to ensure shared vision on outcomes, approach and priorities
- Enables the team’s ways of working – implementing, facilitating, and evolving them where needed to reach desired outcomes.
- Acts as liaison across teams to identify and align work, dependencies and manage risks including escalation where needed.
- Helps teams identify areas for improvement in an ongoing pursuit of value.
- Strategically challenges the team with an agility mindset and how principles can be applied to situations and decisions in pursuit of value.
- Promotes a learning culture and an environment enabling high performing teams.
Coach the Team
- Acts as a servant-leader for the team and guides them in their agile journey through coaching, mentorship and influence.
- Assists the team in self-managing their work and coaches them towards self-sufficiency.
- Acts as a change agent and fosters a learn-by-doing environment.
Support the team
- Acts as Scrum Master for two data teams working closely with other product and program teams.
- Works with Product Owners and Agile Delivery Lead to ensure product / capability roadmaps and team backlogs are prioritized and refined.
- Identifies and maintains value added metrics providing team and stakeholders with data points / trends to understand progress, quality and bottlenecks.
- Act as a liaison to assist the team in managing dependencies between the team and third parties, release managers, or between the team and other agile teams.
- Work cross functionally to align strategy, methodology and execution
- Helps the team work through conflict resolution and creates an environment of open feedback and trust.
Support the program & stakeholders
- Ensures clear communication and organization of team objectives / roadmap / work in process using electronic and physical information radiators.
- Partners with Program leadership, Agile Delivery Lead and other Scrum Masters to drive continuous improvement and ensure the team is a productive part of the larger system.
- Provides real time feedback to the program leadership, based on experiences with the teams.
Partners - Works with team and program stakeholders to ensure a continuous flow of two-way feedback that informs the team’s delivery of value.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Business Analysis or Project Management
- 3+ years experience in an agile environment is required
- Brings a product mindset and deep knowledge of agile principles and practices (Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Delivery)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM I) (optional)
- Data Analytics experience a strong plus!
Back to top