Lead Linux Storage Engineer
A person in this role will be responsible for engineering, support, and maintenance of 84.51° Linux, Storage, Backup, and Monitoring Systems.
- 2nd/3rd line support and administration of 84.51° Linux, Storage, Backup, and Enterprise Monitoring technologies, adhering to 84.51° Service Management processes, SLAs, and Information Security Policy
- Providing excellent Customer Service to 84.51° internal customers and external partners through our ticketing system and other communication.
- Management of system maintenance including patching and version control.
- Proactively monitoring the environment, looking for potential issues and initiating mitigating actions as appropriate
- Participating in projects for integration of new hardware and applications into the 84.51° technology stack.
- Ensuring consistency across territories in key technologies
- Participation in the ITIL based Change Control Process
- 5+ years experience managing Linux with preference given to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7.
- 1+ years of one of the following:
Enterprise storage array management.
Enterprise backup management.
Enterprise monitoring management.
HP or Dell hardware management.
- Demonstrable passion for learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ansible Scripting
- Red Hat Satellite Server
- Bash scripting.
- Enterprise Backup and Recovery Experience
- Enterprise Monitoring Tools (Zabbix/Grafana)
- Cisco MDS Switch Management.
- Dell EMC xtremIO
- Dell EMC Isilon
- Dell EMC Data Domain
- Dell EMC Avamar
- Dell EMC IDPA
- Dell EMC ECS
- HP Blade Enclosures, Blades, and Rack Servers.
- Dell Rack Servers.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Arrays
- Violin Memory Systems
- Zabbix Monitoring
Back to top