Lead Business Intelligence Business Analyst
We are a full stack data science company and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Kroger Company. We own 10 Petabytes of data, and collect 35+ Terabytes of new data each week sourced from 62 Million households. As a member of our engineering team you will use various cutting edge technologies to develop applications that turn our data into actionable insights used to personalize the customer experience for shoppers at Kroger. We use agile development methodology, starting with Big Room Planning bringing everyone into the planning process to build scalable enterprise applications.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Business Intelligence (BI) Business Analyst will work closely with 84.51° business units to define business information/intelligence requirements, perform quality assurance testing of of BI deliverables, coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) BI deliverables, and coordinate the rollout of new BI capabilities.
- Collaborating with the business to determine and document metric and report requirements based on the analysis of business information needs and data.
- Gathering and documenting requirements for data extracted from systems used by the business and loaded into the data warehouse, including mapping data from the source systems to the data warehouse.
- Gathering and documenting requirements for integrations between systems.
- Maintaining a logical data model for data in the data warehouse.
- Collaborating with the business to identify ways to visualize data in a way that makes it meaningful and quickly consumable for decisions.
- Conducting quality assurance testing of reports, metrics, dashboards, and other information delivery mechanisms to ensure requirements compliance.
- Coordinating user acceptance testing of metrics, reports, dashboards, and other information delivery mechanisms.
- Rolling out business intelligence capabilities to the business, including defining training approach and plans, and training business users on functionality in the BI system.
- Documenting and tracking software defects related to production, quality assurance testing, and user acceptance testing; and, ensuring that they are resolved properly.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of business intelligence requirements gathering is required. This includes metric and report requirements.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of quality assurance and user acceptance testing is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Overall five plus years of experience with a minimum of four years' experience in the role as BI Business Analyst, working with business personnel to gather and document metric and report requirements.
- Experience in quality assurance testing; defect identification, documentation, and tracking is required.
- Experience in extracting data from relational data bases is required; experience with SQL Server is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. Knowledge of Access and Visio is also recommended.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with leaders and team members of all 84.51° functions.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proactive thinking and behavior: being able to anticipate, plan and execute in ways which help drive and increase the efficiency of our business.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, and be able to effectively communicate within the team.
- Maintain high levels of customer service at all times.
- Work effectively on multiple assignments, activities or projects.
Back to top