Director, Software Quality Engineering
As a Quality Practice Leader, you will play a key role within the Engineering organization as a thought leader and champion of best practices in the quality area. You will be responsible for building a quality practice for one or more programs of work. In this role, you must be able to understand the business problems being solved and apply strong agile testing principles to the SDLC. You will need to bring deep experience and a strong quality and automation mindset to shape the practice and mentor quality engineers embedded in agile development teams. As part of the program leadership team you will work with the business, product, and engineers to deliver high quality solutions.
- Create and execute a quality strategy. Identify quality gaps and propose resolutions.
- Build the practice in terms of tools, processes and people. Research and recommend tools. Establish processes. Mentor and coach quality engineers.
- Advocate for shift-left approach to testing and be the voice of quality
- Champion best practices in agile testing and automation
- Identify and report on metrics that provide insight on quality of the solutions
- Participate in cross functional meetings with the business, Engineering, and Product bring a focus on quality for that program
- Recruit, hire and manage great talent in quality engineering to build out the practice
Knowledge and skills:
- 10+ years experience in quality engineering including building a practice from the ground up
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental quality processes and best practices
- Experience leading quality engineers and growing their skill and competence
- Experience testing end to end solutions within an Agile development environment heavily leveraging automation
- Proven experience testing complex systems producing highly reliable and robust solutions
- Experience in the retail space
- Experience testing big data analytic solutions
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the following tech areas/skills:
Microservice architecture 12 factor applications CI/CD concepts A/B testing Data focused testing and validation Data Science concepts such as models, machine learning, training data etc
Education and work experience:
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
Meet Some of 84.51°'s Employees
Partnership Manager, Customer Communications Team
Terron works with a variety of consumer-packaged-goods companies to help build their customer communications strategies in order to meet business objectives and reward Kroger shoppers.
Back to top