Director, Media Planning – Kroger Precision Marketing P2907
- Cincinnati, OH
Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) powered by 84.51°, is a leading retail media advertising solution. KPM closes the loop between media exposure and store sales by using first-party purchase data to make brand advertising more addressable, actionable, and accountable. Launched almost three years ago, we have activated campaigns for over 1000 brands. Our vision is to become the preferred media company for advertisers by creating a more accountable media supply chain that increases the effectiveness of investment dollars. We are a growing team of passionate and talented analysts, data scientists, marketing consultants, and media strategists who are committed to transforming the media industry.
As Director, Media Planning – Kroger Precision Marketing within the Customer Communication Product Strategy & Innovation team, you will be responsible for leading a team that builds and creates integrated, omni-channel and strategic media plans for our CPG clients. You and your team will be responsible for developing customized media plans that support KPM’s suite of product offerings from Kroger.com activations to off-site media channels. You will work seamlessly across sales, media, merchandising, and product teams to create meaningful media plans that drive results for Kroger clients and agencies. To be successful in this role, you are a self-starter, proactive, and have the experience and ability to lead and guide multiple teams through the media planning process. You are agile and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, presenting in front leadership teams and clients, as well as have a high standard for quality.
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing media planning team that is collaborative, results-oriented and focused on building strategic plans to drive our clients’ business and KPM
- Lead and create media planning principles and strategies across the KPM product portfolio to meet brand goals.
- Builds strategic plans to meet or beat KPM client objectives, proactively works with sales team to sell in new plans.
- Review and manage client RFP requests. Builds plans across KPM’s suite of products in collaboration with sales, media and product teams.
- Build insights to activation framework to take Kroger and CPG product insights, as well as prior campaigns and ongoing campaigns to develop media plans that drive results.
- Work across various supplier/client teams to understand customer paths from brand awareness, trial, loyalty, engagement, and purchase.
- Lead and assist in plan building and discussions across brand, agency, and shopper marketing teams.
- Work with data and analytics teams during planning, execution and post-campaign analysis to ensure campaigns met audience requirements and can utilize insights for future campaigns.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- A minimum of 7-10 years previous media experience; ad tech, agency or retail preferred
- Previous experience managing and developing a team
- Expertise in traditional, digital, streaming audio, social and other emerging media required
- Ability to apply data driven results to planning execution and assist with planning optimizations when needed
- Strategic and creative thinker. One who goes above and beyond traditional planning principles
- Excellent analytical skills which translate to brand storytelling
- Collaborative, energetic, works well with others
- Strong presentation skills
- Works well under deadlines, sometimes tight deadlines
- Shopper media planning experience is a plus
- Experience in comScore, Kantar, Simmons a plus
At 84.51°, people are the key to everything. We are dedicated to always doing what’s right and never compromising on our values. That’s why we have created a culture where every opinion is respected, and contrary thinking is encouraged.
Making life more rewarding for our community and our associates is an essential part of the process. Our team is known for their enthusiasm, camaraderie and sense of fun. We work hard and we play just as hard. That’s why we engage in a range of official and unofficial activities to get together, serve the community, and have fun.
We continually seek people who make us better. In order to continue to grow, we need more great people who want to join us in doing cool, industry-changing, brain-stimulating work.
Back to top