Agile Enterprise Program Manager
At 84.51°, we build software products that make customers’ lives easier and move the retail industry forward with our bleeding-edge data science. We believe high-performing teams deliver exceptional results time and again.
As Director, Agile Enterprise Program Management (A-EPM), you are a part of the program leadership team along with 84.51° Product Management and Engineering leadership. You are accountable within the leadership team for a program operating model enabling both agility at scale and innovation, with a focus on accountability for delivery and keeping key issues and decision-making at the forefront of the leadership agenda. You lead with a continuous improvement approach within the leadership team and program. Your blend of Agile and traditional program management experience provides you with an adaptable skillset allowing you to engage, lead and deliver value across the enterprise.
The Agile EPM is a connector of people and teams—at the right time and for the right purpose—and ensures that internal and external communications effect the necessary relationship building to provide the best opportunity for successful value delivery. There is specific focus on Stakeholder Management, Risk Management, the establishment and ongoing facilitation of an effective Governance structure and partnership on continuously evolving agile models enabling the right program outcomes. You understand and incorporate agile portfolio management principles in complex programs and help uplift program leadership and agile teams with your practical guidance.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Product & Design team in helping to lead the next wave of products that will change the way retail is done.
- Partner with program leadership team on development of program strategy and ensure understood and appropriately communicated.
- Enable Delivery Teams (Product, Engineering & Launch) to enact an aspirational plan while compelling accountability for delivery across the Program.
- Work with leadership team, agile delivery leads and teams to continuously shape agile operating models within leadership team and program.
- Engage with other program managers across the organization to share and apply learnings to make the enterprise more productive, predictable, and accountable
- Build strong relationships with Product, Design and Engineering functional leadership
- Focus leadership on program-level Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, and Governance issues and decisions, across 84.51° and external entities engaged in the program.
- Work with Senior Leaders to craft executive reporting and communication around the health of the product and program.
- Work with Delivery Teams (Product, Engineering & Launch) and leadership team on portfolio prioritization and people allocation to optimize program performance.
- Remove any complex friction and obstacles between teams inside the program and with external teams that the program is dependent on and those dependent on the program.
- Develop and co-own initiatives for program improvements.
- Be part of a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and passions.
- 7-10 years of experience in Enterprise Program and Project Management leadership capacities, with a minimum of 4 of those years in Agile Program roles
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead across multiple teams, constituencies, and delivery frameworks
- Broad business and technical acumen that enables the establishment of effective working relationships with multiple levels across all facets of the organization
- Proactive approach and ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with mission/function leaders
- Strong communication / interpersonal / influencing skills
- People management - leadership through influencing
- Extensive knowledge of the breadth of agile concepts, delivery methods and application at scale
- Measurable success driving strategic improvements at scale
- Senior management & executive relationship building
- Senior leadership reporting and expectations management
- Lean & “Getting the right things done” mindset
- Exceptional communication skills targeted at a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience working in Data Science or Retail industries
- Background as an engineer or product manager/owner
- Active involvement in the agile community
Back to top