Agile Change and Release Manager
AGILE CHANGE AND RELEASE MANAGER
SUMMARY: The Agile Change and Release Manager will be responsible for ensuring that standardized methods and procedures are implemented and utilized for the efficient handling of change, seeking a balance between minimizing disruption of service to the business, reduction in back-out activities and developing innovative solutions. This role will serve as a bridge between the development and operations functions. This includes ensuring change management is working in conjunction with the agile methodology to drive DevOps adoption. The change and release manager acts as a coach for senior leaders and executives, helping them support change management activities in their business functions and projects. As well as, managing day-to-day functions to ensure the integrity of the production environments, that correct components are released and an effective service transition process is maintained.
- Collaborate with leadership and customers to understand their perspectives of balancing speed and risk.
- Collaborates with development, quality assurance, operations, support and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as they move through the entire deployment pipeline
- Identifies and facilitates improvements to interdependencies and productivity barriers between the development and operations functions
- Identifies and helps to implement opportunities for automating operations activities that slow the delivery process
- Works with architecture teams to ensure architectural diagrams and design specifications are maintained to aid automation
- Works with development team to standardize change, validation, and deployment processes to reduce complexity
- Facilitation of the Change Advisory Board meetings; provide for the scheduling of change requests that are not automated.
- Provide appropriate and timely communication about change for stakeholder awareness and acceptance
- Maintain and uphold Change, Problem and Service Transition policies and procedures
- Maintain open communication and working relationships with departments that participate in Change and help define ways to increase internal and external client satisfaction
- Facilitates monthly executive reporting
- Creates and manages measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of individual changes
- Leading the major incident review process and ensuring all related groups are involved in the process
- Regularly review and update service transition processes
- Monitor, review and approve change requests, scheduling them to balance risk and speed of delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline and 3 years of Agile / DevOps Experience
- Proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate course of action
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and culture
- Adaptability to demanding circumstances and require timely and accurate responses
- Strong verbal and written skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy-to-understand business terms, to senior leaders
- Proven team player that is willing to work with many different departments to gain alignment
- Ability to manage risk and reduce downtime and time to recover
- Passionate about advocating continuous improvement in the service transition process
- Desire to challenge the status quo and lead the company to new ways or working
- Certified ScrumMaster (preferred)
- ITIL certified in Change and Problem Management (preferred)
Back to top