YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH OUR LARGEST GOVERNMENT CLIENT AS WELL AS CONTRIBUTING TO VARIOUS 540 OPEN SOURCE TOOLS AND FORKS.
540.co is looking for a Web Developer to help improve the efficiency of acquisition and procurement within the Department of Defense. We are looking for a startup-minded individual to work with and understand client requirements and implement a scalable technical architecture.
On this project, you will be supporting the development and implementation of several web applications that assist procurement specialists within the Department of Defense to help them become more efficient. These applications will use the newest technologies to gather and display relevant information in a user friendly way. These applications will help the client increase the consistency in which data is provided to the systems of record. With better standardization across these source systems, the client will have better insight into the procurement landscape that will help them develop and drive policy for the entire Department of Defense.
ABOUT THE FIRM
540.co is a technology consulting firm that helps government and business clients innovate like startups. We love helping our Federal Agency, Department of Defense and Fortune 500 clients use emerging technologies and lean startup strategies to improve operations and do things better, faster, and cheaper. We’re looking for someone with big ideas, who thrives on innovation and is a self-starter. If you love to learn about and work with new technologies, we want to talk to you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc) and NoSQL technologies (Elasticsearch, MongoDB and Neo4j).
- Experience with Bootstrap, server side tech such as PHP, and cross browser compatibility.
- Familiarity with utilizing and integrating automated test frameworks into the continuous integration pipeline
- An eye for good UI / UX.
- Proficient in using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Ability to rapidly code proof of concepts to help with analysis of alternatives (should be a person who can code in mixed environments) and prove out ideas
- Must be familiar with Git repositories
- Must be familiar with creating, configuring, and maintaining tools supporting dependency management (Artifactory, Yum, Maven, Synopia, etc)
- Ability to define and document technical requirements based on a set of functional requirements provided by the government
- Ability to identify performance issues at the application and system layers and then offer solutions to make it better
- Must have or be able to attain a United States security clearance.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with securing sensitive data (including adhering to the STIG requirements put out by DISA)
- Comfortable leveraging the Atlassian suite (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development concepts and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Working knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes,Vagrant, etc)
- Experience deploying applications in DoD or other accredited federal environments that require IA certification and accreditation to deploy.
- Experience with an API Gateway (such as Apigee, etc)
- Scripting skills to solve problems and prototype solutions (Bash, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Above-market medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Spotify Premium to improve your hacking experience
- A maxed out Macbook Pro with an attention-getting custom skin
- Daily gourmet lunch made by Chef Aaron
- Employer matched 401(k) plan
- Monthly parking pass or metro costs reimbursed
- Monthly technology stipend
- Unlimited PTO and flexible WFH policy
- Custom 540 Timbuk2 bag
- Kickass co-workers!
If interested in this position be sure to include a link to LinkedIn and Github account.
Meet Some of 540's Employees
Founder & CEO
John founded 540 to bring the government and its agencies the same innovations as the startup world. To keep up that pace, he codes every day and has a hand in building solutions.
Back to top